Vela's Relocatable/Emergency Housing Solution
Many people are forced to live in sub-humane conditions in developing countries as the cost of housing is often prohibitive or housing is simply not available. When natural disasters occur or war breaks out, people are displaced and have to seek emergency shelter. What awaits them… a tent or sub-standard shack?
Every human-being should have an equal opportunity to adequate shelter, and Vel’ekhaya provides that solution!
Vel’ekhaya means “Come Home”
People living in a Vel’ekhaya will feel proud to do just that.
The Vel’ekhaya System
- Insulated panel system with a polyurethane inner core sandwiched between two external weather-proof boards
- Panels are flat-packed for ease of transportation on trucks or in containers
- Panels have a male & female interlocking spline system
- Panels are solid and robust
- Windows have burglar bars for added security
- Floor structure comprises of a steel frame with a board. The structures sites on brick plinths
- Complete unit is transported in a flat-pack format
- The Vel’ekhaya is erected using basic tools
- 4 People can erect one unit in 3 hours
- Replacement of sub-standard housing
- Backyard rental units
- Emergency housing or shelters
- Temporary classrooms
- Contractor labour camps
- Temporary offices
The Vel’ekhaya can be designed as simple or multi-roomed units.
Simple building out of the box!