Specifications of Vela's S-Track System
- Designed and manufactured in accordance with South African National Standards code SANS 517:2009 Light steel frame building.
- Steel used is either Z200 galvanised steel or AZ150 Zinc-Alume (or higher specifications in coastal areas).
- Steel components vary from 0.58mm ISQ550 MPa to 1.9mm ISQ220 MPa.
- Wall thickness is typically 90mm or 70mm steel plus board cladding.
- Can manufacture components from 45mm C-section to 250mm C-section, track or lintel.
- External cladding on a lightweight steel framed building:
Single brick skin (half brick), plastered or face brick
Vermont cladding (ship lap) – very popular in coastal areas
- Flat sheet (Fibre Cement or Magnesium Oxide), jointed, plastered and painted
- Insulated board with plaster
- Internal Cladding on a lightweight steel framed building:
- 15mm Gypsum board or
- 10mm Magnesium Oxide Board (MgO)
- Insulation in a lightweight steel framed building: